Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Rebecca Wright- Reporting Texas Analytics

Something I found surprising about the website's analytics was the number of new versus returning visitors. The number of returning visitors was 187 compared to 787 new visitors. These numbers surprised me because I was sure that the people who visit Reporting Texas the most frequently would be students, teachers and relatives, and they would continue to regularly visit the site. I thought returning visitors would far outnumber new visitors. Maybe the difference in these numbers is because of efficient social media promotion or search engine optimization resulting in new users to follow a link to the site. 

I was also interested to learn that Safari was the search engine most used to access Reporting Texas. This surprised me because we learned this semester that Chrome is the most used browser worldwide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment